The team at ACCR lodged a resolution with Woolworths (WOW) that was heard at the company’s Annual General Meeting in Sydney on Wednesday 21 November 2018.
ACCR and LUCRF Super filed a resolution relating to:
- the implementation of a labour hire pre-qualification program, mutually agreed upon by the National Union of Workers (NUW) and WOW;
- mandated trade union involvement in grievance procedures and worker education; and
- regular disclosure of progress against these items to shareholders.
The objective of the resolution is to ensure Woolworths fulfils the commitments the company made in 2017 to work with the NUW to implement a series of changes to Woolworths’ supply chain management strategies designed to address the severe labour rights violations documented at Woolworths’ supplier farms across Australia, thereby mitigating a multitude of associated business and operational risks.
At the Woolworths AGM proxies were instructed to vote on our resolution. The proxy voting results was 14.92% FOR 6(b) relating to Human Rights Reporting. Read the full results here.
Thank you to each of our supportive shareholders for getting this resolution over the line.
- Draft Resolution and Supporting Statement
- Investor Briefing
- Response to Woolworths’ 2nd November Statement
- Find out What Issues We Support
- Sign Up to our Shareholder Database to support future resolution
- Explore the results of previous campaigns
- Explore the Media Coverage this and Other Resolutions Have Received